Posted: Nov 09, 2021
NORFOLK, Va. - The Bridgewater College men's basketball team led at the half against Division I Norfolk State in an exhibition game to start the 2021-22 season.
- Final Score: Bridgewater 56, Norfolk State 79
- The game was an exhibition contest and will not count toward the Eagles record
How It Happened
- After falling behind early, back-to-back Andy Pack buckets brought the Eagles back from down 20-13 to 24-18 to start the first half swing
- A clutch Aaron Oates three off a Rashod Smith dish brought the Eagles within two at 28-26 before they officially took the 31-28 edge on a Smith three and entered the half up 33-29
- Norfolk State took the lead directly out of the half, not letting Bridgewater gain any ground in the second frame ultimately taking the 79-56 win
- Pack led all scorers with 24 points to go with four assists and three rebounds
- Smith and Oates both grabbed five rebounds for BC with Oates recording a game-high three steals
- Liam Caswell had 14 points and three rebounds in his first game for the Eagles since the 2019-2020 season
- Bridgewater outshot Norfolk State from behind the arc 29.4% to the Spartans 25%
- Bridgewater returns to action on Friday, November 12 when they face Mount Aloysius at the Hyatt Place Tipoff Classic in Fredericksburg, Va. Action is set for 5:00 p.m.